Wear rings or guide rings provide a bearing surface to center the piston and rod dynamic surfaces in a reciprocating cylinder application. The guide ring prevents metal-to-metal contact and improves seal life performance.
Hydraulic Wear Ring Benefits
- Provide a bearing surface
- Prevents metal-to-metal contact
- Provide guidance and alignment
- Improves seal life performance
What Are Guide Rings?
Wear rings and guide rings are available in many different Duron® materials and are specified based on your conditions and parameters. For a complete proposal, submit a request for quote and we will respond, immediately.
| ||Non-cut Wear / Guide Ring ||Used primarily in piston and rod application under .500 inches in diameter.|
| ||Angled Wear / Guide Ring||Standard design for most guide ring applications for Piston and Shaft guidance. |
| ||Butt Wear / Guide Ring||Use is application not requiring an angle cut design.|
| ||Step Joint Wear / Guide Ring||Use to help provide piston guidance and help reduce pressure pluses on the piston seal|
Hydraullic Wear Rings & Guide Ring Applications
- Packaging Filling Machine
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic Cylinders
- Medical Pumps / Compressors
- Aerospace Pumps / Compressors
- Industrial Booster Pumps
- Cryogenic Pumping Systems